Whether you’re on Keto or not, you will surely love this simple breakfast dish. It’s so easy to do, too! Just cut the avocado in half, put all the other ingredients, and pop it in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Frankly, I don’t understand how millennials nowadays love avocados so much. I used to hate them when I was young! I only ate them in shake form or when paired with lots and lots of condensed milk. Now that I am old(er) though, I’ve become one of this fruit’s biggest fans.
And being on Keto, I only have few kinds of fruits to include in my diet. Avocado is one of them, and it’s definitely on top of the list! Aside from its nutritional benefits, here’s why this super fruit is perfect for the Keto lifestyle: Per 68 grams of avocado (about one-half of the fruit), there’s only 0.5 grams of sugar and a little more than 1 gram of carbs!!!
I know this dish has been done countless of times before, and you’ll probably find a bunch of recipes on the net. No matter, I’ll still add my take here. ;)
Baked Avocado W/Bacon & Egg
This dish is super easy to whip up every morning--a perfect way to start a busy day!
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 slices of bacon, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- parsley, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut the avocado in half, and take out the seed.
- If the hole is too shallow, you can scoop some out of the meat. Season each half with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Put one egg into each hole. I tend to take out most of the white part. Season with more salt & pepper to your liking.
- Add the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Top with bacon bits. Some prefer their bacon to be crunchy so they fry them first. But I like mine a bit chewy so I put them in raw.
- Place the avocado halves on a muffin tray to keep them in place while baking. Put in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.