I’m sure you have one of those days when you’re so lazy and hungry at the same time? When laziness and hunger strike, I go for a dish that’s super easy to make–with an even easier clean-up. This is one of those dishes.
This savory dish is light, fresh, and vibrant. Whenever I eat this, I imagine myself strolling down a spice market in some beautiful foreign place. Turmeric, of course, is commonly used in curry dishes. It’s one of the most nutritious spices out there. For a full list of its miraculous health benefits, click here. Aside from its nutritional value, though, I love this spice because its color is just so pretty!
Try making this recipe for your next lunch or dinner. Serve it to guests, and have a mini Asian party! If you’re not on Keto, this dish is best served with rice. As for me, I’d settle for salad on the side, or probably cauliflower rice (if I’m not that lazy).
Baked Turmeric Chicken
A fragrant and light recipe perfect for a savory lunch or dinner.
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a small bowl, mix all the spices together.
- Season chicken thighs with more salt and pepper.
- Rub the spices on the chicken, and let it marinate while you’re waiting for your oven to get warm.
- Drizzle coconut oil on to your chicken, and then bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn the chicken pieces, and bake for another 20 minutes.
- It’ll come out dripping in oil (good stuff!), which I like to put in a separate bowl. Garnish with cilantro and serve. Enjoy!